Joneil Sampana; Greta Knappenberger; Dan Moulton; Heather Lewis; Faisal Jama; Lloyd Douglas
- Introductions (6:30PM)
- New Civic Tools Sharing (6:40PM)
- Toolkit of information/resources – Greta Knappenberger
- AuntBertha.com – (Dan Moulton)
- Bot Framework – (Joneil Sampana)
- Austin Digital Smart City Handbook (David Keyes/Heather Lewis)
- OneAmerica – Asset Map (Heather Lewis)
- YourVoice YourChoice Legislature Request (Department of Neighborhoods
- HumanNeedsIndex.org (Salvation Army)
- Civic Health Index (CityClub)
- Dave Doyle’s Open Data Corner (6:50PM)
- 2017 Project Work Stream Updates (6:55PM)
- Opportunity Zone Prioritization (City Council Legislation proposed by Council Member Harrell)
- New Holly Project: How can we provide a resource to government agencies and
- corporations to do true community engagement at the neighborhood level? eGovernment Committee to partner with community leaders to develop a civic engagement playbook focused on the hyper local level.
- Uniform Project Plan Template (Council Member Harrell’s office) (Greta Knappenberger & Heather Lewis)
- Community Needs & Upcoming Events (7:25PM)
- 4/26 – Cedars-Sinai Accelerator Meet & Greet (Powered by Techstars) @ Galvanize https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seattle-what-are-the-80-of-healthcare-challenges- nobody-is-addressing-tickets-32668175392;
- Open Seattle Projects Night @ Socrata (https://www.meetup.com/openseattle/events/239291815/)
- 4/27 – Open Seattle Field Trip @ DESC (https://www.meetup.com/openseattle/events/238619850/ )
- 4/27 – #SeaTech4Change Nonprofit/Tech Volunteer @ Zillow (https://www.meetup.com/SeaTech4Good/events/238470623/)
- 4/28 – New Tech Job Fair @ Impact Hub
- 5/2-5/3 – Transportation Data Challenge @ UW eScience Institute (bigdatahubs.io) (https://www.meetup.com/NewTechSeattle/events/239087782/ )
Meeting Adjourned (7:30PM)
2017 Work Plan: Identify digital tools to encourage citizen engagement; Recommend solutions to improve intra-department efficiencies for improved civic engagement; Promote collaborative partnerships across the tech and education sector for citizen and youth engagement.
Our work will align with City of Seattle’s Digital Equity goals, more specifically –
- Goal 2 – Skills Training: Create and deliver educational opportunities for all residents to gain the technology skills necessary to be successful in employment, entrepreneurship and technology leadership, in lifelong learning, in civic engagement, and in the use of essential online services.
- Goal 5 – Build community capacity: Build the capacity and sustainability of digital equity program providers to deliver quality services, to implement best practices and to adapt to emerging technologies.
- Goal 6 – Inclusive engagement and empowerment: Develop digital tools and the use of tools to maximize diverse, inclusive civic engagement, sense of community, and participation in decision making.
For complete the report, please see – Digital Equity Initiative Action Plan