The goal of the Cable and Broadband Committee is to analyze and advise the City on the impacts of broadband connectivity to the City of Seattle including Cable service. We study issues related to digital inclusion, openness, and access.
Information about the board:
We meet the last Monday of every month from 6:30 – 8:30pm. Free parking available!
Location: O’Asian Restaurant, 800 5th Ave, Seattle
All meetings are open and we encourage you to join!
Chair: Sarah Trowbridge
Vice Chair: Dan Stiefel
Secretary: John Gabriel D’Angelo
Below is a draft of the 2015 workplan:
Cable Franchise Agreement
- Provide input on cable franchise negotiations:
- Propose a list of new benefits that the city and community negotiate for as part of the franchise fees with Comcast
- Plan for collaboration with Council for public input session(s) regarding the cable franchise agreement with Comcast
Cable Code Revisions
- Provide input on the updates to the City’s cable code
- Develop a position statement on the proposed elimination of the cable franchise districts
- Provide input to City Council and Mayor on strategies for engaging the public re: broadband needs:
- Identify opportunities for public input into Broadband Strategy
- Educate public on what programs are available for Broadband
- Monitor the effectiveness of the code revisions to the Director’s Rule
- Provide a low-income internet position statement to Mayor, Council, and ISPs that outlines recommendations for a streamlined and more inclusive Low-Income Broadband Access policy for Seattle citizens
If you have any questions or comments regarding the work plan or the Cable and Broadband Commitee, please feel free post in the comments section or contact Sarah Trowbridge at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply